Are you here because you want to know about What is the difference between an iPad and a Notebook? This might be a confusing topic what is the main difference between these? In this article, we try to cover this confusion
Table of Contents
What is an iPad?
An iPad is a touch screen tablet which is made by Apple Inc. It looks like a tablet with a bigger or double screen. It consists of two display sizes one is 11 inches and the other is 12.9 inches. It is introduced in the year 2010.
Because it is launched by Apple Inc that why it contains iOS (iPadOS). It is a phone-like device that carries no other attachment with it. iPad has easily seized its place in the taker market due to its particular features. The iPad was first time launched in April 2003. It works on the touch screen pattern.
Specifications and drawbacks of an iPad
- Some of the major specifications and drawbacks of this product are discussed below
- It is designed for portability.
- It operates on the only operating system (OS) of Apple, which is, iOS.
- The battery of this product is replaced by only an approved channel, which makes it non-user replaceable.
- It is best used as a succor along with another computer or laptop.
- The major drawback of this product is that it cannot install most of the applications easily.
- iPad tends to have limited memory that has range from 16GB to 64GB.
- We cannot upgrade any part of the iPad. Only one in which we can upgrade the iPad which is that take the new version which is launched by the company.
What is a notebook?
A notebook computer sometimes called a laptop computer, which has weighs less than 5 pounds and is 3 inches or less in thickness. First Notebook was launched in 1981 which was Epson HX-20.
A notebook computer looks like a notebook due to its smaller size it can be carried out easily. The notebook has lower processing power as compared to the regular laptop it has no option for the DVD- drives, and accessories.
It looks like a notebook one page having a screen and the other having the keyboard. Many companies manufactured their range of laptops offered like IBM, Apple, Dell, Toshiba, and Compaq.
Specifications of notebook and drawbacks
- These are smaller and lighter in weight.
- It has a storage capacity of up to 300 to 800GB.
- It can run heavy applications and can perform different heavy tasks.
- The major drawback about this product is that it has no effective cooling system because it has lesser processing power.
- The notebook has also an optical drive and DVD-drive option.
Read this article on also Why my hotspot is not showing on other devices? https://laptopmeta.com/why-my-hotspot-is-not-showing-on-other-devices/#more-1098
Difference between tablets and laptop
Now we overview the main topic which what is the difference between an iPad and a Notebook. So, there are many differences among them which present between an iPad and a notebook.
- An iPad cannot contain a keyboard it has only two screens but a notebook includes a keyboard and a pointing device.
- An iPad has a touch screen pattern but the notebook may have a touch screen or may not have one.
- Notebooks also have features full of USB ports, and other ports to allow for other accessories to be connected with them. But an iPad doesn’t have. But iPads don’t even have an SD card port.
- iPad has an operating system which is iOS and it is only designed by Apple Inc but the notebook is designed by different companies which may be including dell, Apple, etc.
- iPad has no feature which is that it cannot run most of the applications properly but the notebook has one of the best features which is that it can run heavy applications easily and in a proper way.
- iPads have not the ability to multitask. One time you can run one application on an iPad, as opposed to a notebook. Notebook works on multi-tasking you can perform multiple tasks or you can open multiple applications at a time in a notebook.
- iPad has also some issues related to the hardware like its battery cannot be replaced by the user in case of any problem. But the battery of the notebook can be replaced by the user as its own need. However, the battery of an iPad tends to be long-lasting as compared to the notebook.
- An iPad has limited memory which has a capacity range between 16GB to 64GB while the other hand notebook has a memory capacity between 300 to 800GB.
- We cannot upgrade the iPads but we can do it with a notebook like we can enhance its memory, change its RAM, etc. However, the one and the only way to upgrade the iPad is that get the latest version which is launched by the company.
We take a brief look about that what is the difference between an iPad and a Notebook. Now, we summarize all the detail. iPad and notebooks both are designed for portable devices. But an iPad as a portable media device has a limited computation ability. While on the other hand notebook is meant to be a portable device as compared to a desktop computer. And it has more functionalities and specifications compared to the iPad.
check this article Laptops for Note taking in College